100% of your donation directly funds dementia research at Northwestern University’s Mesulam Cognitive Neurology and Alzheimer’s Disease Center
To make a donation: Alzheimer’s Research and Education Fund – Run4papa
Does any part of my donation cover your travel expenses or marathon fees?
Absolutely not. I believe 100% of your donation should fund dementia research and cover all of my own travel and race expenses.
Specifically, your donations will help:
- Fund the construction of a world-class center devoted to superb patient care, cutting edge research, and supportive services for cognitive illnesses such as Alzheimer’s and other related dementia
- Fund a state of the art brain imaging study to detect potential causes of dementia while people are ALIVE
- Develop supportive programs for newly diagnosed patients and families
- Create and distribute educational materials on PPA to physicians who are unfamiliar with the disease
- Research state-of-the-art brain imaging techniques in people with PPA
- Recruit research participants from across the country to participate in the CNADC’s longitudinal “Language in PPA” study
- Investigate underlying disease mechanisms that will help us eventually find a cure